Impress your friends and family with this quick and delicious meal- Stromboli! A classic Italian dish made with pizza dough, ham, pepperoni, cheese, and marinara sauce. Follow this guide to learn how to make this tasty treat with ease.
This stromboli recipe is easy and delicious, made with simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Perfect for using up leftover meat or vegetables and perfect for the whole family. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Satisfy your hunger with this delicious and easy-to-make Italian dish – Stromboli. This recipe is simple to follow with only a few ingredients required. Enjoy a hearty and satisfying meal in no time.
This stromboli recipe is easy to make, assuming you have pizza dough on hand. The secret to success is to roll out the dough thin for crispy and layered bites. Don’t be afraid to add your favorite toppings, we used pepperoni and mozzarella. The recipe makes one large stromboli, perfect for feeding a crowd. But, you can also halve the recipe for a more intimate meal, just adjust the cooking time accordingly. Additionally, this recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken sausage, but you can substitute raw chicken sausage, just make sure it’s cooked thoroughly before adding it to the stromboli.
Easily make a delicious Italian dish, Stromboli, in minutes. All you need are a few basic ingredients and minimal prep time. Follow a few simple steps for a satisfying meal that will hit the spot.
- 1 pizza dough
- 3 Tbsp butter melted, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella divided
- 12 thin slices of ham
- 15 slices salami
- 15-17 slices pepperoni
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly flour your workspace and roll out the pizza dough into a 12×14-inch rectangle. You can also roll the dough onto parchment paper and transfer it directly to the oven.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of butter and minced garlic in a small bowl and spread it over the dough.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the dough, leaving a 1-1/2 inch border around the two long edges.
- Add ham, pepperoni, and salami on top of the cheese, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over them.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl and use a fork to brush it over the edges of the dough.
- Roll the long edge of the dough tightly, stromboli-style, and seal the edges. Use wet fingertips to seal the seam and roll the stromboli until the seam is facing downward.
- Transfer it to a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley in a small bowl and spread it over the top of the stromboli.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to make small diagonal cuts along the top of the stromboli every 2 inches.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and then cut 8 slices.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.