Looking for an easy, yet flavorful meal? Look no further than this butter-baked chicken recipe! With minimal ingredients and preparation, this dish packs a punch of taste. The chicken is coated in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper, then pan-fried until golden brown before being baked in a buttery sauce infused with garlic, thyme, and white wine. Serve it with mashed potatoes or rice and a side of green vegetables for a delicious and satisfying meal.
This recipe is a perfect combination of simplicity and taste, making it a great option for busy weeknight meals. It starts by coating the chicken in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper, then pan-frying it until golden brown. The chicken is then finished off by baking in a buttery sauce made with garlic, thyme, and white wine, resulting in a juicy and flavorful dish. Serve it with mashed potatoes or rice and a green vegetable for a complete meal that your whole family will enjoy.
To ensure a perfectly cooked butter-baked chicken, keep in mind a few key tips. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before cooking even cooking, grease the baking dish with butter or oil to prevent sticking, and use a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked. Following these simple steps will guarantee a delicious and perfectly cooked chicken dish every time.
Another way to make this dish even easier is to use pre-seasoned chicken breasts. This will save you the step of seasoning the chicken before cooking and make the dish even quicker to prepare. Keep in mind that pre-seasoned chicken may have more salt than if you season it yourself. Taste the dish before serving and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
This butter-baked chicken recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. The secret to its success is slow and even cooking, which allows the butter to melt and baste the chicken as it cooks. This results in a juicy and delicious chicken that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Serve with your favorite sides for a complete and satisfying meal.
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and bones
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 sprig of Rosemary Fresh
- 1 sprig Thyme fresh
- For garnish a handful of chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butterfly-cut the chicken breasts so that one side remains intact.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Spread the paste on the chicken breasts in a butterfly-style fashion and fold them back together. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder on a separate plate. Dip the chicken breasts in milk, then coat them in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Place butter in a baking dish and let it melt in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Carefully place the chicken in the dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining milk and cream of chicken soup in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and add rosemary and thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and juicy.