An apple fritter is a perfect way to celebrate the flavors of fall. The soft, doughy treat is filled with spiced apples and fried to perfection, topped with a sweet glaze. Now, you can enjoy all the same delicious flavors at home with our Apple Fritter Pull-Apart Bread recipe. There’s no need to fry or work with yeasted dough, as this recipe uses a convenient shortcut of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough.
- 2 packages of cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 tbsp cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking dish with margarine or non-stick spray and set aside.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls and discard the icing or set it aside for later use. Take each cinnamon roll and stretch it out to form a flat pancake shape on a paper-lined surface.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and vanilla. Spread the butter mixture evenly over each flattened cinnamon roll and top with diced apples.
- In a separate dish, combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle them over the apples.
- Stack the cinnamon rolls in groups of 3 or 4. Once all the rolls are stacked, transfer them to the prepared baking dish and make sure that none of the apple fillings is touching the sides of the dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the dish.
- As the dish cools, mix powdered sugar with 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream to make a glaze, and drizzle it over the dish.
Do you like this recipe?